A server-based framework was adopted, providing a web-based user interface which was platform independent, and allowed the input and retrieval of information via local intranet or virtual private network, with no pre-requisite software or components. All reports and forms were produced to conform to the client’s requirements and international regulations.
The result was a software application which allowed the comprehensive recording and reporting of
- All plant, equipment and other sources of waste
- Contamination and other risks
- Decommissioning activities
- Worker exposure to radioactivity and other types of hazard
- Full environmental monitoring
- Full waste content analysis
- Full traceability from production residue or decommissioned item to final waste consignment
- A complete record of the work tasks that generated the waste
- Data import from external monitoring and production systems
- Data export to external waste management systems
In addition to the software design and build of the application, we were involved in the specification of the host server, server-based installation, integration with 3rd party systems, training of application users and the ongoing support and maintenance of the application to ensure continual compatibility and compliance with changing regulations.
Specification; Database Design; Software Design; Software Programming; Training; Software Support; Software Maintenance